Save the World!
We only have one world and we have to share it with each other. Here at Natural High we are proactive in doing our bit to save the world and offset the impact we have on it, to ensure future generations can enjoy the world and New Zealand as we do.
Some of the things we do are:
- Recycle bottles, cans, paper and anything else we can
- Compost our organic waste – crusts off our pizza and left over lunch
- Minimise the packaging we purchase and give to clients – there are no wrappers on our bikes
- Where possible we use electronic format rather than posting out paper – thus saving on trees and fossil fuels used to deliver screeds of mail every day
- Ride our bikes rather than drive – this not only saves on emissions, fossil fuels traffic congestion and parking, it also keeps us fit and with buns of steel!
- Support and donate to local groups to help restore, enhance and conserve the environment.
- Be nice to our neighbours and help little old ladies across the road
What can you do?
We like to think our clients are as forward thinking as we are, by providing them with a way to give back to the natural environment enjoyed in New Zealand.
Calculate and offset your impact
The great guys at Landcare Research have developed the carboNZero programme, an internationally recognised greenhouse gas emissions management and reduction scheme. To calculate your carbon footprint use this free travel and tourism calculator.
You can select what you would like to pay on their website and your money goes into restoring the environment in several different ways.
Support the local environment
If you can’t be bothered with the calculation but want to feel good about yourself, then select to Plant a Tree (you will find this option on your booking form). A donation of $10 per tree is put into our plant a tree fund. The donations from this fund are split between:
- The Summit Road Society, a local charitable trust set up to enhance, preserve and protect the nature, beauty and open character of the Port Hills and,
- The Little River Rail Trail, a trust formed to transform the former railway route into a trail suitable for cyclists and walkers wishing to view the spectacular landscape, rich in wildlife.
You can select as many trees as you like and all the money goes towards the project. Thanks for you time and money to help keep New Zealand clean and green!